Autor Tópico: Comentários de Thom Hogan a respeito do sensor "Nikon developed" da D3100  (Lida 1523 vezes)

F.Kruschewsky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Freqüentador(a)
Alguns comentários feitos hoje - 20 de agosto de 2010 - por Thom Hogan (artigo completo na página inicial de www.bythom.com) sobre o sensor utilizado na nova Nikon D3100. Segundo tais comentários, existem diferenças nas dimensões do sensor da D3100 em relação ao sensor Sony utilizado nas NEX-3 e NEX-5 e, ao que tudo indica, a Nikon decidiu utilizar sensores desenvolvidos "na casa" em suas DSLR´s  :ponder:

Abaixo, a transcrição dos comentários de Mr. Hogan:

"One curious aspect of the D3100 is the sensor. "Nikon developed" appears in the marketing materials, and the sensor is indeed not the same one as in the Sony NEX5 (as originally speculated) in several key ways, one of which is physical size, the other pixel count. The Nikon 14mp sensor has slightly more pixel count in a slightly smaller area than the Sony. Indeed, the area is no longer what I'd call DX. The D5000, D90, and D300 have a sensor area of 23.6 x 15.8 (28.4 diagonal), while the D3100 has a sensor area of 23.1 x 15.4 (27.8 diagonal). This represents a loss of about 2% in image circle coverage needed. We're now at 1.55x crop as opposed to the old 1.52x. It's an unusual change, but the bottom line is that the Nikon and Sony 14mp sensors are indeed different in important ways. But I'll repeat: the proof is in the pudding. We need to test the new sensor on live subjects before making any useful pronouncements about it.

Update: I've now heard even more details about the D3100 sensor and from a few sources closer to Nikon Japan. It does indeed appear that Nikon has moved to producing their own sensors. They may be licensing or cooperating on some of the underlying technologies, but it appears that Nikon has decided that Nikon DSLRs will in the future have Nikon-controlled and Nikon-exclusive sensors. That they haven't chosen to make a bigger deal of this is strange. And some parts of Nikon appear not to have gotten the memo on this, as I've seen quotes from Nikon personnel in some subsidiaries that say "Sony sensor.""

Boa Leitura  :ok:
« Última modificação: 20 de Agosto de 2010, 20:44:56 por F.Kruschewsky »

Leandro Federsoni

• Colaborador(a)
Resposta #1 Online: 20 de Agosto de 2010, 22:09:16
Eu tenho achado as imagens da NEX-3/5 muito boas, acho que as melhores imagens geradas por um sensor APS....se esse sensor da D3100 foi feito pela própria Nikon que seja ao menos igual ao da NEX, porque senão seria melhor continuar comprando sensor da Sony.

O estranho é a Nikon colocar o melhor sensor na câmera mais barata do seu portfólio....não deveria iniciar essa troca pelas câmeras mais tops?

Valeu
Leandro

F.Kruschewsky

• Freqüentador(a)
Resposta #2 Online: 20 de Agosto de 2010, 22:44:19
Concordo contigo em relação à qualidade de imagem das NEX-3 / 5. Em minha humilde opinião as achei melhores que as "Micro 4/3" (além de eu pessoalmente preferir a razão de aspecto 3/2 à 4/3). Elas, especialmente a NEX-5, continuam sendo uma alternativa válida caso eu decida ter um sistema "mirrorless" algum dia.

Há rumores de uma possível NEX-7, com mais Mp e uma interface menos "amadora", mas são só rumores por enquanto

Acredito que a D3100 não deverá decepcionar. Historicamente, a Nikon sempre demonstrou competência no processamento de imagens "in camera"!  Devemos lembrar que há agora uma nova geração de processadores de imagem equipando estas câmeras.

Não sabemos se este é realmente o melhor sensor da Nikon neste momento!  Os rumores de que a sucessora da D90 será equipada com um sensor de 16 Mp são cada vez mais fortes.

A primeira câmera Nikon DSLR a usar um sensor "Nikon developed" ("LBCAST") foi a D2h, de 2003!  A qualidade de imagem daquele sensor era fenomenal, mas o mercado só se importava com o fato dela ter "apenas" 4 Mp! A Nikon continuou a desenvolver seus sensores e, creio que, com as D3, D3s e D700, a Nikon realmente iniciou a troca.

Bucephalus

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Colaborador(a)
Resposta #3 Online: 20 de Agosto de 2010, 23:24:34
O estranho é a Nikon colocar o melhor sensor na câmera mais barata do seu portfólio....não deveria iniciar essa troca pelas câmeras mais tops?

Acho que os fabricantes colocam as novidades nas câmeras recém lançadas, independente de serem top ou de entrada. A D3100 também é a primeira Nikon com capacidade Full HD. A Pentax Kx tem o melhor sensor APS-C para alto ISO do mercado. A Rebel T2i tem um sensor mais moderno que a 50D... e por aí vai. Se eles esperarem pra lançar as novidades nas câmeras top, que podem demorar a atingir o fim do ciclo de vida, perdem mercado.

F.Kruschewsky

• Freqüentador(a)
Resposta #4 Online: 21 de Agosto de 2010, 21:22:24
Source: www.bythom.com - Home Page

"The Puzzle

August 21 (commentary)--The puzzle with Nikon recently has been "where is it?" As in "where are the lenses?", where is the inventory?", "where are the new cameras?", "where is the video?".

Some of the pieces are coming into place now, particularly on those last two questions. Some cameras weren't here quite when expected because Nikon has apparently moved to producing their own sensors. The video wasn't quite all there because Nikon hadn't yet moved to producing their own sensors. The year-long gap between the D3000/D300s and D3100 was the longest DX body announcement gap we've had since Nikon started iterating faster with the D70s back in 2005. And I suspect that the gap was as long as it was because of the shift in sensor use.

That the D90 replacement is due next month and now likely to also have a new sensor in it would tend to signal to me that Nikon thinks that they've "made the transition." At this point, Nikon appears to have two sensors in production (D3s and D3100) and possibly a third is now entering production (D90 replacement). In the coming year one would expect a D700 replacement and a D4 sensor to also get added to the mix. If the D5000 and D300s get updated, they're likely to use one of the first two DX sensors that exist at the time (e.g. the D90 replacement sensor). So by the end of 2011 we can imagine all Nikon DSLRs using Nikon sensors, and there being either four or five such sensors in production. If I'm right about this, that represents an aggressive move by Nikon.

Taking this further, an eventual D4x could be somewhere around 38mp using Nikon's smallest sensel design, a figure that starts to exceed what most lenses can resolve.

Still, those of you who have read the full series of articles I've been writing about sensor possibilities in the past months know that there's one really perplexing puzzle piece: the D3s sensor. Nothing Nikon is currently working is likely to achieve the same levels of low-light performance that the D3s does. As I wrote earlier, if Nikon could product such a sensor with more pixels, it would indicate another D3 level breakthrough when none is expected. No photographer I know of wants the D3s sensor to die off. We all want it available in a future body as well as the current one. But that's the puzzle piece I can't figure out. Other than possibly making a D700s, there's no clear scenario I can see that would have the D3s sensor live past the D4 introduction. So our puzzle is not yet solved.

Meanwhile, the D3100 also introduced Expeed 2, and not a lot of people have been asking questions about that. My guess? The 2 in Expeed 2 is mostly centered around H.264 compression and other video needs. The question is how far Nikon took that. The 1080P/24 in the D3100 isn't enough for the pro ranks. Hopefully they've thought this through and are prepared to go at least as far as 1080P/60 plus 4.2.2 color with EXPEED 2. But one would really hope that a D4 would be 2k or 4k video, which would require even more from that EXPEED chip.

The puzzle is still missing pieces, obviously, but it's clear now that Nikon is pushing further into controlling the core of their imaging engine. Good for them. And so far, good for us users, too. Just don't let that great D3s sensor die off, Nikon."

Boa Leitura!